Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Where it all began....

I grew up raising cattle and horses, was in 4-H and FFA, took my passion to College and earned multiple degrees in the field of Agriculture. I lived my passion, openly and with my entire heart and soul.
 My world Crashed in January of 2001 when my husband died suddenly from a parasitic infection Contracted in Argentina, My best friend and dance partner literally bullied me to keep going, working and dancing. I was going to be okay! I could get through the bad days, handle business and even smile once in a while. That went down in flames on Sept. 11, 2001. My anchor was at Windows on the world when those towers fell, Randy was gone, and I wanted to die....
 I tried to commit slow suicide, I ate....and ate and ate and ate. Until I hit 504lb. I looked at my cattle rather than working them, my horses got fat and lazy, I was out of control. That pretty girl was a mountain! 10 years of self loathing and trying to hide the pain in a bag of cheese puffs manifested as a sick, obese, angry woman.
 In late 2010 two of my customers asked me to try Robb Wolfe's whole 30 on the same day. I did! 30 days and 45lbs later I was on my way to a permanent lifestyle change. It wasn't easy, sure there were setbacks, the worst of which was a doctor who prescribed the wrong medication and turned me into a raving lunatic! But we'll save that story for another time.
What I really want to share with you is my journey back to health, I've dropped over 270 lbs to date and am still moving forward. I have great people in my life, my cattle are some of the best in the country, and the work I do every day is important. I can show you how I do things, my Choices, as well as the trials and tribulations that go with it. I hope I inspire some of you to visit a farm or ranch, learn that those of us that raise your food are real people with real issues, and most of all that the Choices are yours, I choose health and happiness. You won't get the candy coated version here my friends. The struggles have been very real, and so have the successes. It takes HARD WORK, DEDICATION, and developing a thick skin! I've been called every name in the book, accused of crazy practices, and I've come through it, Stronger, Smarter, and wiser. Stick around! you just might learn something about yourself in the process!
m

3 comments:

  1. Proud of you. You've had some awful setbacks and it's good to see you moving in a positive way. I, too, believe in choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came here researching local beef and am leaving with much much more...started my weight loss journey about a month ago and hope to be as successful as you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan....your story is absolutely moving and amazing....I have read all of your posts and I hope you keep posting..you are such an inspiration..you've come a long way baby! (:

    ReplyDelete