Monday, June 24, 2013

Sometimes you must treat yourself!

Being stuck on the couch is no fun! Soooo I have decided to make the best of it, going through things in preparation for the part time move.
Man I have a lot of stuff, not cool stuff or necessary stuff, just stuff! purging is good! And the biggie! I hired a housekeeper! yup! I did it! As many of you know I am gone A LOT, and Suzy homemaker is not my middle name!
The mega crew comes in Friday, I mean, carpets, floors, walls, windows, cupboards, the works!
And after that a cleaning lady weekly. This is something I let go when I came back to California. Dumb!
When my husband was Alive this was something that I did regularly, when he was due in, I had the cleaning lady come an extra time so the place sparkled when he came home. He knew I didn't do it, but the fact that it was done was one of the little things that showed that I cared. Another was great meals and impeccable laundry! That I did myself. Ironing and cooking make me happy, vacuuming and dusting, not so much....
I would rather pull calves at 2 am than scrub floors. Do you see where this is going? I've said for years that I need a man wife! In lieu of that, A cleaning lady will have to do!
As this journey progresses people really want to come visit, and nope! Not the way things have been let go around here! So, as a gift to myself I'm having someone else do the things I hate! I want to invite you in, feed you well and have great conversations!
Looking back these are the kinds of things that keep our relationships solid, little things, fluffy towels in the bathroom, notes in the lunchbox, silly stuff really does make a difference. With friends it's homemade chutneys, hand braided key fobs ,Bridles at Christmas if you are a rider, and beef! (pork when I have one in the freezer for me). I'm at that stage where I CAN let people into my world again and it's important to me that things are nice. I want to focus on the good stuff! So I'm' treating myself to A Nate Berkus style home renovation! When things are neat and tidy you really do feel better!

Next will be a detail guy for the trucks! Don't ask!
Until next time. M
 

No comments:

Post a Comment